Sunday, June 21, 2015

Making bank or something like that

 My dad has been on my case about getting a job before school starts so I can start saving money which never really happens. So yesterday I started my new job and let me just tell you, it was the most annoying thing ever.
 
 I have had a ton of jobs since I has 15 but they all sucked expect my job last summer because my boss was cool and his son was super attractive, but it didn't pay super well. And some how after having two jobs for the past two summers you would think I would have money in my savings account, but it is a solid $0.00. I mean there would be money in there if I didn't go shopping twice a week. But hey do what makes you happy, right? Well okay back to this new job. I have to wear khaki Bermuda shorts and closed toe shoes. Plus a staff shirt that looks good on no one. I think the shorts are the worst though, like Bermuda shorts are about as attractive as a 95 year old lady wearing a crop top. So here I was wearing Bermuda shorts, a black shirt and pink gym shoes, which I never wear in public. They put me in charge of running the playground and bounce house area. Kids are the devil in disguise, especially where I live because parents just leave their kids unattended for long periods of time. So they pretty much just run around causing havoc. I lost count of how much I yelled "NO CLIMING ON THE SLIDES!" So finally around 9:30pm they let my usher until the game was over. I thought the worst part was over...

 I was completely wrong. I then had to pick up trash for another two hours. They gave my gloves which was nice but then your hands get all sweaty and they get holes in them. Not to mention the drinks that run down your leg. I got Dr. pepper all down my leg and into my sock, which let me tell you is probably the grossest thing ever. After that I swept up peanuts, that meant a lot of bending down. So I woke up feeling like an old man after two hip replacements and a severe hunchback. They did give me the option of going home after the kids but I thought "what the hell, I am soon going to be a poor college student so I need the 
hours. " Would I work there the rest of my life no, but it is a job and I need one. Maybe even two. So there you go that is my first job out of high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment